discussion and development of piem
From: Xinglu Chen <public@yoctocell.xyz>
To: piem@inbox.kyleam.com
Cc: Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com>
Subject: Thoughts and feedback on piem-lei
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 22:02:41 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

I played around with the lei interface for a bit, and I have some
thoughts and observations:

* I noticed that ‘piem-lei-query’ was a little slow, at least compared
  to notmuch.el.  I have indexed the guix-devel and guix-patches mailing
  lists (I think) and making the query ‘d:20.days.ago.. guix’ took
  around three seconds.  It seems like it waits for all the results from
  lei to arrive before processing them, whereas notmuch.el processes the
  messages as they come, similar to ‘git log’.

* I like how the interface resembles the Web interface, especially the
  threaded view.

* In PGP singed messages there is a ‘lei blob OID’ attachment, not sure
  why that is there

  # kw:seen
  From: Maxime Devos <maximedevos@telenet.be>
  To: David Dashyan <mail@davie.li>, Guix Help <help-guix@gnu.org>